90% of our business is conducted direct to the consumer via our ecommerce website (www.SCOTTEVEST.com), and you will primarily be responsible for the other 10%+. We have relationships with dozens of stores across the US (and a few outside the US) who carry a selection of our products. These are travel and luggage stores, boutique shops and specialty retail locations, and we have been doing business with many of them for many years. As such, the majority of this position centers around Customer Relationship Management and not Sales. If you are a sales professional accustomed to passing off accounts to other people to manage, this position is NOT for you.
There are three categories of tasks for which you will be responsible:
- Supporting our current accounts with unique Customer Relationship-oriented Service, regular check-ins and follow-ups, creating and sending weekly/monthly B2B emails, fielding questions from accounts, updating records (both in Salesforce.com and paper files), and placing orders.
- Identifying, engaging and closing new accounts. You will typically be responsible for the entire sales cycle, from generating leads to closing accounts, and all the associated account setup.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This job will require the qualified candidate to maintain and develop SCOTTEVEST’s customer network (aka Customer Service), effectively present SCOTTEVEST’s products, and close new business.
The B2B Customer Relationship Manager’s duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Write, schedule and send compelling email communications with customers about new developments, recent SeV press, innovative ideas and other "friendly/soft marketing" messages to build personal rapport with B2B clients and provide ongoing value and support.
- Providing incredible Customer Relationship-oriented Service to our current B2B customers.
- Achieving daily/weekly/monthly/yearly follow-up goals. There are some sales goals as well, but this is not specifically an aggressive sales position.
- Maintaining and nourishing relationships with existing customers while assisting with acquisition of new customers.
- Contributing to the effective configuration and management of Salesforce.com and other selling tools.
- Utilizing sales management tools in Salesforce.com to track leads and opportunities and use Salesforce.com reporting and forecasting tools to communicate to management your sales opportunities and leads.
- Providing samples to qualified prospects, tracking, following up and getting samples returned to the company as needed.
- Collecting, analyzing and evaluating sales data.
- Monitoring trends and evaluating monthly sales goals.
- Maintaining a list of store locations on the SeV website.
- Developing and maintaining criteria for stores to receive "extras," such as POP displays, postcard campaigns, special appearances in-store by our CEO Scott Jordan, and more.
- Assisting in the implementation of sales initiatives and trade shows. This will require some travel (3-7 days per month, several months per year).
- Developing B2B specific campaigns and initiatives with the approval of the Marketing team.
- Maintaining a lead and prospect pipeline and communicating it to Management.
- Exercising good judgment in every interaction.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- 2-4 years of Customer Relationship-oriented Service experience, B2B experience preferred
- Experience of CRM Sales Force is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extreme commitment to organization and detail orientation
- Polite and persuasive communication skills
- Very good writing and grammatical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay on top of multiple tasks and priorities
- Have excellent computer systems skills
- Did we mention that you must be very detail oriented?
Benefits: We offer Health Insurance (including Vision), Dental Insurance, and a LifeFlight emergency medical plan to full-time employees after a waiting period, paid time off covering vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and competitive simple IRA match. Company perks include twice-weekly Boot Camp workouts, weekly massages, chiropractor visits, annual rafting, shared company ski pass and more! We encourage our employees to utilize the outdoor activities in our community (Ketchum/Sun Valley, Idaho). Here you will never need to travel for a ski weekend again! Our office is in full view of one of the premier ski mountains in the United States. The Wood River Valley also offers an endless array of hiking and biking trails, some of which literally start around the corner from our office!
Please submit resume and cover letter via Resumator or on: www.scottevest.com/ jobs specifying your interest in SCOTTEVEST and your interest in living in Ketchum/Sun Valley, Idaho. In your cover letter, please tell us why you would be PERFECT for this job, and also identify 1- 2 things about our website that strike you as good and/or bad (and why). We look forward to hearing from you!